The following information will assure a safe ride for your children:
- Only enrolled students will be transported to and from school at their designated bus stops.
- Students are to ride the school bus as assigned to them by the Transportation Department according to their home address.
- Students needing to go to another address must have a note of parent permission approved by the building principal and given to the school bus driver. Parents/ Guardians must inform transportation at 219-763-8080. Students without notes will not be allowed to ride.
- Parents must provide the driver with an address and phone number to drop students at in case of early dismissal or emergency. Students should know this information as well.
- Parents are requested to inform the school office of any serious medical problems so the driver may be alerted to any special medical needs. Examples of these are allergies, asthma, seizures, diabetes or low blood sugar.
- Except in the case of an emergency or an evacuation drill, students shall enter or exit the bus by the front door only.
- All students will be instructed on emergency evacuation procedures by their drivers. All students will take part in the six (6) required evacuation drills per year.